Package Name: Best Wildlife Experiences in Assam
Price: Rs. 7,500
Day: 5 Day
Night: 6 Night
Starting Month: June
End Month: Sept
Embarking on the Assam wildlife tour is a magnificent opportunity for you to see the animals that inhabit the Brahmaputra plains and the Eastern Himalayan foothills. Jeep safaris in Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary, and Manas and Kaziranga national parks will let you observe the regional flora and fauna from a convenient vantage point. While on such trips, drive on lush grasslands and through thick deciduous and semi-evergreen jungles, with loads of streams and small ponds dotting them.
This wildlife tour in Assam will give you an altogether different experience while you are in Nameri National Park. You will navigate the protected site on foot and enjoy white water rafting on the Kameng River. But, before all this, you will visit Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati to learn something about the local religious beliefs.
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs):Aurora Alice Springs, 06:05am
Starting in Alice Springs, we set off to experience the wonder of the iconic Uluru. We make a stop at an authentic outback camel farm and for those that are keen there is the option to go for a short ride on the back of one of these desert animals (at your own expense). Continue on to the permanent campsite at Yulara for lunch before embarking to explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta, getting up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. As the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, take a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock’s rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is the perfect end to a remarkable day. Your tour host will have dinner and a glass of wine awaiting your arrival back at camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. Deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people during a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).^ It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 –Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Discover the Lost City and the Garden of Eden on a 6km hike in Kings Canyon. Admire and explore the towering walls and crevices of Watarrka National Park. The photo opportunities are endless in Kings Canyon so be sure to bring your camera. At the end of the trek it’s time to refuel with a bite to eat before making the journey back to the remote centre of Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening Day 3.
This trip departs daily all year round
MALA Indigenous Aboriginal experience
Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillow, towel, light and a fan)
Experienced tour guide and host
Meals as indicated
National park entry
• Sturdy walking
• national park entry
• hat and sunscreen
• warm clothing in winter
• water bottle
• insect repellent
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• ^Where an Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours/Intrepid guide will lead the cultural walk.
• ^^ Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our Reservations team for further information. The free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• This tour is often combined with the Explorer style trip that runs on the same itinerary (PAR3/PAR3Y). This means you may travel with people who will stay in standard, non-Safari style tents.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess should remain in storage at your Alice Springs accommodation (PAY3C).
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We are able to cater for vegetarian and gluten free diets, but not for vegan diets due to the difficulty in sourcing this food remotely. Please bring your own staples such as bread and cereal if you require specific foods.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.