Package Name: Manali – Leh Cycling Expedition
Price: Rs 38,885
Day: 11 Day
Night: 10 Night
Starting Month: July
End Month: Sept
Destination Overview :
If travelling is your passion, then joining the Manali Leh cycling expedition can be a great idea. It involves days of gruelling and exciting biking along National Highway 3, also known as Leh Manali Highway. The journey is among the most scenic in the world as it goes through some of the most amazing landscapes.
On the first day, board a Volvo bus from Delhi and travel to the beautiful hill station of Manali in Himachal Pradesh. Explore the town, take tours to nearby attractions and shop for memorabilia. Travelling further along the Himalayas, you will cross two moderately high mountain passes.
Gata Loops, a series of bends and curves, will be your ultimate prize if you have a stout heart. The next stage of this Manali Leh cycling expedition will lead you past the expansive, flat and picturesque Morey Plains. Your journey will end in the small village of Lhato where you will board your coach to Leh and also get an excellent chance to shop for souvenirs at the town market.
After resting in the town for the night, wake up at the break of dawn to the sounds of the cockerels announcing the advent of morning. Complete your thrilling excursion through the Himalayas with a cycling journey to Khardung La situated more than 17500 feet above sea level. Capture the wonderful vistas and boast back home that you literally touched the sky!
Day 01: Arrive in Manali / Day at leisure
At around 10 AM, you reach the hill town of Manali, which is situated at an altitude of about 6726 feet and is a haven for tourists. A lush forest cover of Deodars greets you and in the distance snow-covered peaks elevate its charm. Check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure. You may undertake walking tours or cycling expeditions to the Old Town, Vashisht village or the Pagoda-style Manu Rishi temple or you may shop for local specialities. In the evening, relish a scrumptious dinner and stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Manali to Koksar (10301 feet) via Rohtang La (13057 feet)
Day 03: Koksar to Darcha (11154 feet)
Day 04: Darcha to Sarchu (14278 feet)
Day 05: Sarchu to Takh (14950 feet)
Your cycling trip on this day involves biking from Sarchu to Lachulung La pass, about 16600 feet above sea level. From the pass, you will journey downhill to Gata Loops. It is a series of hairpin bends that give the journey its fame and tourist-appeal. Reach the campsite near these bends and stay overnight.
Day 06: Takh to Pang (15100 feet)
Day 07: Pang to Tsokar (14862 feet)
Day 08: Tsokar to Lhato village (13090 feet)
Day 09: Lhato village to Leh
Day 10: Excursion to Khardung La
This is without doubt the crowning glory and literally the crest of your amazing Manali Leh cycling expedition. You will get another chance to mount your bikes and on this day, you will take them about 80 km from Leh to Khardung La. It is situated at a mind-boggling altitude of 18000 feet (approx.). Click photographs here of the surroundings and also of the altitude sign to boast to your pals back home that you literally touched the sky. After returning to your lodgings, you will be provided a traditional Ladakhi dinner combined with cultural performances. Post this wonderful performance and dinner, stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 11: Departure from Leh
Manali-Leh Cycling Expedition
Price (Per Person): Rs 38,885
Duration: 11 Days
Duration: 10 Nights / 11 Days
Location: Leh Ladakh
Average KM/Day: 40 – 80
Maximum Altitude: 18,380 feet at Khardung La
Best Time to go: July to September
September 13, 2016
1. Accommodation in Budget Hotel in Manali on bed and breakfast basis
2. Accommodation in Guest House in Leh on breakfast and dinner basis
3. During the Mountain biking (cycling) days in mobile camp (‘A’ Shape tent with mattress) on breakfast, lunch & dinner basis
4. Surface transportation using non a/c vehicle (Scorpio/ Sumo Grand/ Qualis) for airport transfers & local sightseeing in Manali and Leh (up to 06 persons in one vehicle)
5. One non a/c Mini Truck for crew, luggage and camping gear during the biking days
6. One non a/c Pick-up van for back-up / support during the biking days
7. One light weight mixed brand Mountain bike (Cycle) – Trek/ Firefox/ Mireda/ Connodale, with 21 shift gears for each participants
8. One accompanying Cycle Guide and mechanic
9. Camping crew including cook, helpers
10. Camping services like; ‘A’ Shape two men Alpine tents with mattresses, dinning tent, kitchen tent, toilet / shower tent, folding table and stools, all meals, camping charges, etc.
11. One refreshment (nuts, cookies, chocolates, wafers, tea, etc) during biking days
12. Restricted Area Permit fee for Khardung La
13. Camp water during the biking days
14. Picnic lunch during biking days
15. Airport assistance
1. Any airfare and Train fare
2. Travel and medical insurance
3. Any rescue service costs
4. Delhi to Manali Volvo bus fare
5. Sightseeing guide in Manali and Leh
6. Monastery / museum entrance fees
7. Special biking gears, helmet, gloves, etc.
8. Main meals (lunch/ dinner) where ever not applicable
9. Any extra and optional tour than above
10. Personal expenses like drinks etc
30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
19 daysor less before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not receivedless than 20 days before date of departure.
Cancellation charges per person
30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced. If the alternate arrangement does not suit you, we will refund the amount in full.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.
Leave A Comment